Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream
- Coconut cream powder, 60g
- Water, 100ml
- Skim milk powder, 20g
- Dash of salt, 1.7g
- 2 tablespoons sugar, 32g
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Put coconut cream powder, sugar, salt and water in a saucepan. Mix it well. Turn on heat at low temperature until all ingredients are dissolved. Do not boil. Take off heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze. Freeze the mixture until it is mostly, but not completely, solid (about 2 hours). If the mixture becomes completely frozen, take it out from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature until it begins to melt.
- Put the mixture into a blender and turn it on. While blending, the mixture should take on the appearance and texture of a thick milkshake. Eat immediately or pour the ice cream into an airtight container and freeze.
- Blending the mixture and freezing it a second time like this, crushes the ice crystals that form during the first freezing and gives the ice cream a smoother, creamier texture.